Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coeur d'Alene Trip Day 1- Driving and Camping

At the beginning of August, we headed to Coeur d'Alene for the Marlatt Family Reunion. We decided to take an extra day and go to Silverwood theme park since I've always wanted to go there and we didn't know when we would be able to make that long drive again.We got the car all packed and ready to go on Wednesday night and Thursday morning we met up with Brian and Denise and headed out of town. The kids did much better in the car than I anticipated. Not even 1/2 hour into our drive and Dylan was already sound asleep!
And soon after, Skyler joined him.
I thought I was going to be good and document our road trip in pictures but, I only ended up taking 2. Going over the Columbia River
 Wild Horse Monument in George, WA
 After stopping for lunch in Ellensburg, we decided it was time for some entertainment for the boys. Rich had loaded some movies onto an extra phone, that we have, for the boys. Here's Dylan dancing in his car seat to "Rio"
 We only had 2 false alarm potty stops. One from Skyler and one from Caitlyn. Not too bad considering it was over a 6 hour drive. Here's Rich setting up the tent at our campsite. We stayed at the Lake Coeur d'Alene Camping Resort and we really liked it there.
 Skyler, Dylan & Caitlyn with front row seats, watching their Daddy's set up the tents.
 All done


After being cooped up in a car all day, the kids were happy to have a playground near us

 Brian made us yummy pancakes, bacon & eggs for dinner. Then the kids got a lesson in fire starting.
 Good little helpers gathering the wood
 3 cute kids sitting by the campfire

 It's been a while since we've gotten to hang out and relax by a campfire. It was really fun!
 This was Skyler & Caitlyn's first time roasting marshmallows so Rich was showing them how to do it
 The kids were having fun roasting marshmallows while everyone else was relaxing

 For weeks, leading up to our camping trip, Skyler had been so excited to go camping and eat s'mores. However, once he had one in his hand, he wasn't too sure about it.
 He took one bite and then gave me the rest. He preferred eating his marshmallows straight from the bag.
The temperature dropped quite a bit that night. I was glad that I threw sweatshirts in for everybody at the last minute. Because it was so chilly, Dylan ended up needing to snuggle with me for most of the night.Truth be told, I didn't mind having his extra body heat next to me but it was a little cramped on our air mattress. Skyler, on the other hand, did really well and stayed toasty warm in his new sleeping bag.

No comments: