A couple of weeks ago, while I was taking a shower, Skyler found a pen and decided to draw all over our love seat and ottoman. As I got out of the shower he said "I found you pen" and I said "What pen?", "You white pen" I, for the life of me, had no idea what white pen he was referring to, so I asked him to show me. He takes me out to the living room and shows me the white pen on the floor by the couch and then showed me his lovely drawing on the couch. Crazy enough I didn't get too upset with him. For 1, I didn't have time, we were on our way to go babysit his friend, Ethan, and we were already running late. And for 2, I've had these couches for 10 years and I've always been able to get stains out of them pretty well. So, I decided we'd deal with it when we got home. Here's a small sample of his artwork...

He managed to cover both cushions on the love seat, one of the arms and the ottoman in big black scribbles. Here's my naughty little boy standing by his masterpiece...

You better believe that when we got home I made him help me scrub the couch. Luckily, isopropyl alcohol took the ink out of my leather couches. And here's a sample of what our conversation sounded like for the entire rest of the day:
Me: Skyler, do we write on the walls?
Skyler: No
Me: Do we write on the furniture?
Skyler: No
Me: Do we write on our clothes?
Skyler: No
Me: Do we write on Dylan?
Skyler: No
Me: Do we write on the carpet?
Skyler: No
Me: Where do we write?
Skyler: Only on paper!
We literally went over this, over and over and over. I thought I drilled it into his head pretty good. Apparently NOT! A few days later I get out of the shower to find this...

Yes, that IS permanent marker on my sweet little Dylan's head. This time I might have lost my cool a little. I was way more mad about the permanent marker on Dylan than I was him drawing all over the couch. Partly because we had been drilling it into him all week to "Only draw on paper" and partly because whenever I get permanent marker on my hands it seems to take forever to wear off, and this was on Dylan's face. How on earth do you explain that every time you go out in public? "Yes, I left my children unattended with a permanent marker and this is what happened" Mother of the year, right here! Luckily, isopropyl alcohol came to the rescue again and took it right off his skin.
I guess I really cannot leave that child unattended for even a minute because he takes any opportunity he can to get into trouble. In the same week, Rich stayed home with the boys one night and let me go to a Relief Society meeting and during that time Skyler found a pair of scissors and cut up one of our blankets. What will it be next?
1 comment:
Well Allisha, I have to give you credit. Good work with keeping your cool and saving the world--including your couch and son. I have to mention it is pretty funny reading.
Post a Comment