Friday, October 14, 2011

Our new house!

About a month ago my friend, Jodi, posted the listing of her friends house for rent on Facebook. It was kind of a lazy Friday for me, I was just lounging around the house and had nothing better to do than look at what people were posting on Facebook. So, even though we had no intention of moving anytime soon I looked at the house listing anyway. As I was looking at the pictures of this awesome house on Craigslist I realized that our lease was up in 2 months. I went into Rich's office and showed him the listing and said "It's a shame we couldn't afford to pay double rent for 2 months, because this great house is only $10 more a month than we're currently paying" After checking our finances we determined we could afford it if we budgeted our money carefully. So Rich called them up and we went and looked at the house that afternoon. Upon seeing the house in person, we were even more excited about it and decided it was perfect for our family. We filled out an application on the spot, got approved within about an hour, scrounged up money for the deposit that night and were moving the next weekend. It was all very crazy.

Here's the front of the house

the kitchen

Dining room/living room area


The boys' bathroom

Rich's office

The boys' room.
(Our landlords have a little boy about Skyler's age so this room was already painted blue, how perfect!)

Master Bedroom

Master bathroom

Our big back deck

And the awesome backyard that Skyler absolutely LOVES!
We are loving this house! It's been really nice to have a bit more room for the boys to play. They play so hard they really wear themselves out and sleep so much better at night. It's great!! I'll post more pictures of the house all decorated as soon as I get pictures hung on the walls.

No comments: