Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two Happy Little Boys!

This Chevron Car that I've had since I was a teenager has become one of Skyler's favorite toys. He plays with it all the time and it's quickly becoming one of Dylan's favorite toys as well. He'll crawl all the way across the room to it if he sees it abandoned on the floor. I'm not sure what it is about this car that they both love, maybe it's the bright red color? At any rate, one day Rich decided to pick up a new Chevron Car for the boys when he was at the gas station and it made me start to think, if they love these cars so much I wonder if I could find a lot of them on Ebay. So, I went on Ebay and sure enough, there are tons of them on there. I found a lady selling some used ones and even figuring in the cost of shipping I was able to get a big box of them for about $3.50 a piece, which is quite a bit cheaper than the $8-$30 they are brand new. And today was the day they arrived!!!
I wish I could have gotten a better picture of Skyler's face as he opened his big box of cars. He was sooo excited!

Here he is excitedly pulling out all of his new cars

He calls the tow truck "Mater"


Dylan was happy to play with the bubble wrap...at first :)



He REALLY likes the muddy green one!

This kid is seriously in heaven!




He's being pretty good about sharing them with Dylan too, as long as he picks what car Dylan plays with

I'm not exactly sure what Skyler's doing here but this is how they play all day long. They're always cracking each other up


I love this picture because you can see Dylan's 2 bottom teeth, and you can also see how close his top 2 are to coming in...any day now.

Playing on the floor together


Dylan is definitely liking the new assortment of cars to play with too




I think his crawling skills will greatly improve in the next few days because as he was trying to play with the cars tonight he would reach for them and end up pushing them farther away from him and then he'd have to keep crawling around trying to get them. It was pretty cute to watch!
Anybody who wants to come over for a Chevron Car play-date is welcome. I think we have enough to go around now :)

2 comments:

DeAnna H said...

I can't believe how big and grown up they both are now. Howuch they grow in such a short time is amazing. I love those chevron cars too. We have several from over the years for the kids. I'm glad to see how much they like theirs. I'll have to make a trip up soon to see you guys in the next month or so now that school has started. I love you guys and miss seeing you more often. Give the kids some loves from aunt DeAnna.

Kristine and Philip said...

Love the pictures Allisha. I especially love the one with Skyler and Dylan on the couch together laughing. They are already close buddies.! So fun! Love ya lots! Cramers