Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Time Fun!!!

Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks with family and friends visiting from out of town. We've had many fun things to do pretty much everyday. Skyler got to meet his cousin Caitlyn from Louisiana and had so much fun playing with her. She is only 6 weeks younger than Skyler and they had a great time teaching each other their naughty tricks :) There are lots of pictures posted below some may be out of order but you get the idea. Basically we've been REALLY busy......

Caitlyn & Skyler playing at Grandma's house

Caitlyn, Skyler and I at Grandma's house


While everyone was in town we took the opportunity to get some family pictures taken and amazingly they actually turned out good. Hooray!!!
While waiting for our picture appointment Uncle Chris was doing what he does best and keeping Skyler entertained

Here are all the cousins playing so well together waiting for our photo shoot

Skyler's 10 month picture

The cousins all dressed up in their holiday outfits
Caitlyn (9 months)
Skyler (10 months)
Hannah (8 months)
Noah (2 years)

I love this picture!!!

The whole Marlatt Family (I believe this is the 1st time we've ever had a family picture actually turn out well)


We also had our good friends Tristan and Jodi and their new baby Ethan visit from Louisiana. Their trip was very brief but it was good to see them if only for a little while. We at least got to go check out Zoo Lights with them at Point Defiance Zoo. It was cold but fun!!!
Skyler, Rich, Tristan & Ethan all bundled up and ready to see some lights.

Tristan, Jodi & Ethan waiting for the shuttle (Sorry Tristan!!!)


Skyler and I walking through zoo lights

The pink tree is always my favorite part so of course we had to get another picture by it


It snowed while everyone was here visiting so the kids went out with Uncle Brian to play on the quad in the snow
Caitlyn, Uncle Brian and Skyler


Since Brian, Denise and Caitlyn were in town Cheryl came down from Bellingham with Noah and Hannah and stayed all week so the kids could all play together. Skyler and Noah loved each other and were always hugging.

Skyler liked Hannah because she always had a binki for him to try and steal. He doesn't even use them he just thinks it's a fun game to steal them from other kids.

Brian, Denise and Caitlyn came over to our house one night for dinner and games and while they were here Skyler showed Caitlyn his favorite drawer in the kitchen to get into.


I know I always post sleeping pictures of Skyler but they are just so cute to me. I think it's adorable how much he loves his George!!!

Skyler decided he likes to play with cars now. He was pushing one all over the house one day so we decided it was time to get him some more. Here he is with his new Mustang. We couldn't wait for Christmas to give it to him.

Christmas!!!!
All the presents wrapped and ready to be ripped into

I actually baked!! It was the first time in quite a while so I thought I should capture this moment on film. (Apple and pumpkin pies) YUMMY!!!!

Christmas was held at our house this year. We got to have Rich's parents and Grandparents and Chris over. It was a lot of fun!!!
Christmas Breakfast...thick cut bacon and waffles with blueberries from Grandma's garden...delicious!!!

Denise and Chris all ready to open some presents

"The Grandpa's"
Rich's Grandpa Harold and Skyler's Grandpa Bob


Rich and Chris with their Grandma Lois


Skyler opening his 1st present....actually it was the only one he opened. Once this was opened he didn't care about anything else he just wanted to play with it.

It was a super fun tractor from Grandma and Grandpa

Pushing his tractor all over the house

Opening up presents...we got a digital picture frame and a fireproof safe from Rich's parents.
I also got new socks, a water bottle, ipod shuffle and giftcard from Rich.
Rich got new shoes, slippers and a watch from me.

"The Grandpa's" opening their presents


Chris with one of his presents from us it was a "date night in a box"
movie tickets, cold stone gift card and gum and mints of course :)


Rich and Chris and I got Grandma Lois a digital camera. She loves pictures and didn't have one yet.

Skyler got spoiled by everyone...in this picture you can see some of his new toys. His mega blocks, laptop, gumball machine toy, tractor and new blanket.



Apparently it's not Christmas without a game of Risk. These guys look like they are doing some serious plotting here......


And to top off an already great couple of weeks our Friends Ryan and Alisa had a special delivery on Christmas Eve...
This is Skyler's new friend Owen weighing in at 8 lbs 13 ozs. We were lucky enough to finish off our Christmas with a trip to the hospital to meet him. Good job Alisa, thanks again for letting us come visit you!!! We look forward to many fun play dates together!!!



Here Skyler is with his new toy daddy got him for Christmas



On Christmas Skyler got brave and started trying to walk and got up to taking 8 steps and he just keeps getting better and better.
Today we went to Moses Lake to see some of Rich's family. He had 2 cousins who just had new baby girls (Rory 2 months old and Emma 3 weeks old) and they were blessing both of them at church today. I had never had the opportunity to meet his family over there so it was a lot of fun to be a part of their special day. While we were at his Uncle Jerry and Aunt Laura's house Skyler was walking all over the place so when we got home I tried to get it on camera but it's hard to capture on video so this is the best I've gotten so far. Pretty soon he's just gonna take off running :)


Well that pretty much sums it up for now. I'm sure there will be more new fun things to post soon :)

4 comments:

Jodi Bernard said...

Thanks for all of the fun updates!! We miss you guys already! I can't believe how much Skyler is growing and changing! Keep us posted and we'll talk to you soon!

Kelly said...

Looks like a fantastic Christmas and boy were you guys busy! I love the family picture, it reminds me of the one we did of my family 6 years ago. Lots of adults and 2 grandkids. That changes fast! Now the grandkids far exceed the adults, I imagine it won't be too long before the Marlatt picture looks something like that.

You look like you have a very nice family :)

marly2006 said...

Oh my gosh! I think the next time we see you guys Skyler will be chasing Noah around the house!!! Noah and I really enjoyed watching the video of him walking. Noah copied everything he said...and requested to see "Skylers" again. We had so much fun with you guys at Christmas. Thanks for the pictures!

Brian & Denise Marlatt said...

It is so awesome that Skyler is walking now!!! Of course he had to wait to do it right after we left...LOL
I love all the pictures and we had such a good time, we need to plan a trip for you to come visit us next and enjoy some warm weather. he he he