Friday, November 5, 2010

Today was a good day!

Despite the fact that I'm getting a cold, today was a good day. Why, you might ask? Well, nothing big and exciting happened, just little stuff that all added up. First off, Skyler woke up in a good mood - always a plus! Second, I had a Dr. appointment today and got to hear baby Dylan's heartbeat again, that's one of the few things I love about being pregnant. Things seem to be going well with the baby and we get to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks. So, we'll get to see him again soon, yay!! Also, while we were at the Dr., Skyler was a perfect little angel, he was so well behaved and patient the whole time. I love going out in public and having my child actually behave, it makes me feel like I'm doing a good job! When we got home Skyler's good mood continued while he ate his lunch. Oh yes, he actually ate lunch, these days that's a big thing since he's decided to be a picky eater. Then he proceeded to help me pick up all of his toys and then we sat on the couch and looked at books together for a while. I love that he likes to sit on my lap again! He also took a good nap which enabled me to take a nap and it was glorious! Between getting sick and being pregnant I did not sleep well last night and I was exhausted all day. A nap was just what I needed! For some reason I did not feel like making dinner tonight which worked out well because Rich really wanted to go to Famous Dave's. He's been wanting to go there for a while and tonight was the night we finally decided to go. It was AMAZING! We got there and were told it would be a 30-40 minute wait, we weren't too excited about that but it was Friday night after all, well, it turned out to be only a 10 minute wait, yay! Our server was fabulous, she was friendly and on top of things. She even got Skyler's food out first which we didn't ask for but that always scores big points with me. Skyler continued to be a perfect little angel and ate his dinner like a champ. He even ate carrot sticks, I can almost NEVER get him to eat vegetables and he did it willingly tonight. I love days when I don't have to fight with him to get him to eat something! When we got home he was still being all happy and cute, wanting to sit on my lap and look at books and play and be tickled. It's so hard to put him to bed when he's being all funny and adorable. He seems to know that it's hard for us to put him to bed when he's being good, so right around 8:00 every night he gets all playful and cute. Yes, he has us wrapped around his little finger and he got to stay up until 10:00 tonight. The 3 of us were having so much fun wrestling around and playing together and hey, I figure I should cherish these last few weeks of having only one child. Very soon, like in only 10 weeks, we'll have another baby and I won't have so much time to devote to Skyler. Gotta spoil him while I can, right?! After all our fun he even went to bed without a struggle. And here's my adorable little boy, sound asleep in his crib as I type this.....
Does it get any better than that?..... I don't think so!

I figure that since we have been dealing with a cranky, whiny, teething toddler who has given us many challenging days lately, maybe we should try to focus on the good ones. Then when I'm having a hard day I can look back at the good days and remember what it's like to have fun being a mom. Well that about sums it up. Nothing too extraordinary, but a good day nonetheless!! Let's hope I get lucky and have another good day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Just goes to show nothing spectacular has to happen to have the best day.

Your day sounds like the perfect time! I love those kinds of days, maybe even better than the spectacular ones.

Kristin said...

Sounds like a GREAT day. Just wait until you have days when TWO kids act all perfect and cute!! I'm ready for another picture of your cute pregnant-ness. :)

Undaunted said...

I love that you blogged about the great day. :) It is so easy to get sucked into the frustration of all those bad days. It is such a blessing for a good day.

Alisa said...

yay for good days!!! i think you deserve it!

Kristine and Philip said...

I couldn't agree more with what Kelly said! I second that! It's days like those that make life sweet. We need to enjoy them more and not want things to be "exciting" all the time!

hollyctr said...

I love that even when your kids are rotten all day, you can sit back at night and think about all the cute things that happened in spite of the chaos. Kids are stinkers aren't they? But I love em! Glad you had a good day!!!