Thursday, October 21, 2010

Randomness

I haven't updated our blog in quite some time partly because I'm a slacker and partly because I didn't think I had anything exciting to blog about. Then I was looking through pictures I had taken this month and realized that there were some fun and some random things to put on here.

Probably one of the most exciting things to happen this month was the long awaited arrival of Skyler's new friend, Jackson Bippert, born on 10-9-10. Jackson is such a little cutie and we are so excited that he is finally here!!
Here Skyler is at the hospital checking out his new buddy


Isn't Jackson just so precious!! I love new babies!!

The fall season always makes me hungry for anything pumpkin. We have enjoyed getting the pumpkin smoothies that Jamba Juice has right now, I just got to have pumpkin fudge for the first time (thanks again Alisa!) and I recently made these yummy pumpkin creme pies. (You can find the recipe for them here if you are interested) I think I'm also going to try making pumpkin bagels and anything else pumpkiny and delicious that I can think of :)
George is Skyler's BEST, BEST friend and has been since he was about 6 months old. It started off that Skyler got attached to sleeping with him, which I was all for, anything to make bedtime easier! Lately though, Skyler makes George do everything that he does. When Skyler eats he likes to "feed" George, when Skyler sits on his potty George has to go potty too. The other night I spent like 5 minutes watching Skyler get diapers out of the closet, then he laid George down on the living room floor next to his container of wipes, which he proceeded to open and pull out so that he could wipe off George, then he tried really hard to figure out how to put a diaper on George. It was very cute!! All of these adventures have taken a toll on George and he was looking very, ummm, shall we say, well loved. I decided to look on ebay and see if I could find a new one and I got lucky!! Now we have a spare so that when one gets all dirty and gross we can put him in the wash and pull out the clean one and Skyler won't have to go through the day without his best friend. Skyler has no idea that there are now 2 George's and we plan on keeping it that way!
Here they are together, "well loved and dirty George" and "brand new fluffy and clean George"

Skyler loves, Loves, LOVES being outside!! So, since we've had such beautiful weather this week I decided to take advantage and we've gone to the park a few times. He's gotten to go with his cousins twice and also yesterday he got to go with his friend Owen. Skyler loves swinging on the big kid swings and he holds on so good. He always wants to go really high, higher than I'm comfortable with, I like to think that's he's still too little to be doing things like that. He's growing too fast!!
I took this picture on my phone the other day and it has become one of our favorites. Just look at that adorable smile!!

One big project that has been nagging at me for quite some time was Skyler's scrapbook. I decided if I didn't get it done before this baby comes it was probably NEVER going to get done. Well I'm happy to report that it is DONE!! I only committed to doing a scrapbook for the 1st year of his life and it turned out really well, I am quite pleased with it! However, I noticed that while I was going through the pictures to put in it I had successfully evaded having pictures taken of me while I was pregnant with him, so I only had a couple to put in there. It made me think that maybe this time I should make an effort to have a few more taken of me along the way.

So here I am sporting the "baby bump" at 24 weeks
And last but certainly not least, most everybody already knows that we found out we're having another boy! We are very excited!! Our boys will be almost exactly 2 years apart which I think will be a good age difference for them and I'm hoping that they will be best friends!! I'm very happy that we get to re-use all of the adorable clothes that Skyler has outgrown and that will save us some serious $$$.
The day of our ultrasound this little boy was being stubborn, he was happy to flash us so that we could find out that he's a boy but he didn't want to cooperate and give us a good profile shot of his adorable little face. This was the best one we got...
We've decided to name him Dylan Cooper Marlatt and we're excited that he will be joining our family in 12 short weeks!!
This pregnancy has been quite a bit different than my first one. I'm having a lot of pain from all of the scar tissue that developed after my c-section with Skyler. If I take it easy most days are ok, but waiting tables and being on my feet running around like crazy for 5 hours at a time just recently got to be too much for me. My boss was super understanding and told me to take off as long as I need, so, it looks like I get to be a stay-at-home-mommy for a few months. Yay!! I'm grateful that Rich's business is doing well and he is staying VERY busy! Hopefully that means we'll be able to scrape by for a few months without my income.

Well, since you're all updated I guess that's it for now.....

3 comments:

Undaunted said...

Congrats of your second boy. :) I ended up with three of them and they are tons of fun. You look great and Skyler is growing so fast. It is such a doll. Hope you continue to feel better.
Stacie

Brandon and Becca said...

I can't believe it is only 12 more weeks. How exciting! I love the new clean George. That is going to be a fun story to tell him when he is older.

Kelly said...

Wow, great update! I love all of the adorable pictures of Skylar and the pumpkin patch. I am so excited you are having another boy, that will sweet. I love the name Dylan, love the picture of tiny you at 24 weeks and love those pumpkin swirl things.