VALENTINE'S DAY CRAB FEAST:
So I'm not much of a Valentine's Day lover, or rather I should say I WASN'T until this year. Joe and Corinne might have changed that for me. See I've always been stuck working on Valentine's Day, and in the restaurant world it's not much fun!!! Well I had to work it this year too but luckily I only had to work the lunch shift. So after work we went over to Joe and Corinne's place for dinner and a movie. They have a tradition to NOT go out on Valentine's Day, instead they stay home and eat lots of crab and we were lucky enough to get invited over for the crab feast!!! Now that's a tradition I can get on board with!!! I LOVE CRAB!!!! It was super delicious and my mouth is still watering as I think about how wonderful it was. After dinner we watched "The Time Traveler's Wife" and then had cheesecake. Normally we always have people over to our house so we can get Skyler to bed at a decent time. But we decided to try and take his pack-n-play with us and put him to bed in that. It worked out really well, he slept through the whole movie and dessert and didn't even wake up when it was time to go. He slept the whole way home and went right to bed in his crib when we got home. It was a really fun evening!! Here are a couple of pictures from our crab and steak feast...
Ok, so this isn't the best picture of Skyler but it's the only one I got of him eating crab. He actually liked it and asked for more, he's definitely my kid :)
This 1 lonely claw is all that was left of the 6 pounds of crab that they bought. Yeah, basically we pigged out.
LOBSTER:
Rich went to the store one night to pick up a couple of things and brought home some lobster tails. So the night after our crab feast we had lobster. Man, I sure do love seafood!!!TRIP TO THE PARK IN FEBRUARY:
We've had such gorgeous weather the last few days so we decided to get Skyler out of the house and take him to the park. We all had fun running around and playing on the slides.CUPCAKE CRAZINESS:
I was in charge of making 48 cupcakes for a church event last week. Here's the finished product complete with white chocolate flowers on top.
NAKED BABY ALERT:
Skyler discovered how to take his pants off so it's hard to keep him dressed now. After he got his pants off he was working on getting his diaper off (he didn't succeed with that) so here he is sporting his "plumber's crack"
He's getting to be such a big boy, he likes to sit in his high chair now and feed himself. Here he is eating his grilled cheese sandwich.
4 comments:
What a big boy you are getting. :) It is so fun to see how much he has grown over the last year. His smile just makes me grin. :) I love it. I hope to meet him (and you) in person someday. Love you guys.
Love this post...it's so full of happiness!
Skyler is getting so big and is absolutely adorable! I think it's time for another playdate soon...
First I am shocked at what a diverse diet your child has-that is awesome. Both my kids ate sparsely the first 5 years of life, it stinks.
Also, I love your friend's VDay tradition, so FUN! Bryce and I need to come up with something like that, they're genius!
Skylar is so adorable and such a cute, cute boy and you guys always look like you are having the most fun-I love seeing your family :)
Oh and your cupcakes were AMAZING-you are so talented!
Haha!!! Great post! We had so much fun with you guys on Valentine's Day. I'm glad you enjoy it now. :)
Post a Comment